GSM-in-LTE (GiLTE) Base Station Technology
Single base station providing simultaneous, co-channel, GSM and LTE coverage
GiLTE is an innovative solution to allow LTE coverage to be extended while maintaining GSM for CS voice and telemetry.
Mobile communications spectrum has traditionally been allocated in bands for specific radio technologies such as GSM, UMTS and LTE. In many regions, additional spectrum is being made available with fewer restrictions on use such as the UK 1800 MHz guard band.
In addition, many operators expect GSM and LTE to form the backbone of mobile networks for some years to come. GiLTE allows a single base station to provide both GSM and LTE concurrently, with both fully contained within the bandwidth of the LTE signal. This provides a cost effective and bandwidth efficient solution.
The GiLTE base station manages this concurrency through smart scheduling and radio control algorithms to minimise interference between the two signals. GiLTE will work in any band for which the mobile devices support both GSM and LTE e.g. band 3 (1800 MHz).
- Simultaneously operates as a GSM base station and LTE FDD eNodeB
- Standards compliant core-network interfaces
- GSM signal is fully contained within LTE bandwidth
- Ideal for UK 1800 MHz guard band or similar bandwidth-limited deployments
- Available as a radio module or indoor/outdoor packaged solution
- Compatible with Quortus ECX and other standards compliant multi-RAT core networks
- May be supplied with core network on-board for compact standalone network-in-a-box operation
- Lightweight management interface for rapid system integration
- LTE, UMTS and GSM radio environment monitoring provides extensive information on neighbour cells
- Self-organising network (SoN) features allow automatic configuration
- Release 8/9 FDD eNodeB
- 2x2 MIMO
- Bandwidths: 1.4, 3, 5, 10 and 20 MHz
- Standards compliant S1 core-network interface
- 32 Simultaneous Active Users
- Physical layer data rate up to 50 Mbps
- QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM support
- Industry standard A/Abis-over-IP core network interfaces
- 7 simultaneous FR voice/GPRS users
- 14 simultaneous HR voice users
- Multi-slot CS1-4 GPRS